Monday, 27 April 2015

Farewell, Marc by Marc Jacobs

Recently, the news broke that Marc by Marc Jacobs would cease to exist.  It is not unusual for designers to discontinue secondary lines – Dolce & Gabbana closed the D&G line in 2011, Kate Spade Saturday stores will be closing down, Versus was closed only to be resurrected some years later. 


I was saddened to hear that Marc by Marc Jacobs would be discontinued.  I guess that means no more impala dresses or mouse flats or #CastMeMarc campaigns.  To be honest, I much preferred the label’s offerings when Marc Jacobs himself was creative director.  The colours were beautiful and the designs a perfect mix of quirky and cute. 


So here I lovingly remember some of my Marc by Marc Jacobs acquisitions.  And, most undiplomatically, I look forward to buying the last the brand has to offer at the closing down sales!




No comments:

Post a Comment