Tuesday, 19 May 2015

60 Years of Made in Italy at Pavilion KL - Part 2

gianfranco-ferre-evening-gown
Gianfranco Ferre black evening gown

Now for the dresses that took my breath away when I laid eyes on them.  My favourite dress at the exhibition was this black Gianfranco Ferré dress.  The official description reads as follows:

Black evening gown with multi-layered plissé taffeta flounces and silk top with silk and lace sleeves (Autumn/Winter 2005/06)

I love way the skirt is constructed! I could stare at it all day long.  I always associated Gianfranco Ferré with menswear and never knew that he was once creative director at Christian Dior although it should hardly come as a surprise after seeing this dress. 

valentino-red-haute-couture-gown
Valentino red haute couture gown
I have to admit that this beautiful red Valentino Haute Couture creation comes second to the wonderful Gianfranco Ferré gown.  I am so sorry, Mr. Valentino!  It is only in the context of this exhibition, I promise!  This evening dress is made of silk crepe, has a heart-shaped neckline bordered in pleated satin and is from Valentino’s Spring/Summer 1998 Haute Couture collection.  It was modeled by Claudia Schiffer and also worn by Elizabeth Hurley. 

dolce-gabbana-spotted-bustier-dress
Dolce & Gabbana spotted print bustier dress
Next is this spotted print bustier dress by Dolce & Gabbana.  I love animal print and I love bustier dresses and I love Dolce & Gabbana.  To me, this dress is perfection. 

krizia-gold-samurai-dress
Krizia "Samurai" gold plisse dress from Autumn/Winter 1987/88
Krizia is a designer that you don’t hear much about anymore. They were big in the 1980s.  Why do I know Krizia?  I was barely a child in the 1980s.  Anyway, this dramatic dress definitely represents the aesthethic of the 1980s – big, bold, shiny.

moschino-bra-dress
Moschino brassiere dress
What would a fashion exhibition be without some humour, right?  I almost laughed out loud when I saw this Moschino dress from Autumn/Winter 1988/89 made out of black brassieres.  Perhaps, this is the dress every man would gladly pay for.

Fendi-pink-goat-fur
Fendi hot pink fur
Lastly, this very cute, hot pink fur kiddassia goat handcrafted with Fendi “rain” motif from Spring/Summer 2013.  Now I can see why the double F logo of Fendi stands for “fun furs”.  I really love the colours on this coat.  You wouldn’t think that a combination of hot pink, grey and yellow would work but it does here. 

Next: Moschino Iconic Biker Bag Exhibition

No comments:

Post a Comment