Wednesday, 15 July 2015

BeautyConsumer - Antipodes

Like most females, I love skincare and cosmetics.  While I am no expert in beauty, I would still love to share some of my beauty-related experiences and hope that they will be useful to you. 

I consciously look for natural skincare and haircare products.  I started using organic rose hip oil when I was in Australia.  That was pretty much the only skincare product I used for years.  When I returned to Malaysia, I found it very difficult to find any natural skincare products.  Now, we are really spoilt for choice. 

antipodes
Antipodes group photo!
Among all the brands currently out there, I love Antipodes most and have purchased two of their products consistently since 2012.  They are the Hosanna H2O Intensive Skin-Plumping Serum and the Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream.  Both are very moisturizing and gentle and I have absolutely no allergic reactions to them.  The Hosanna serum does exactly what it says and plumps up the skin beautifully.  The eye cream is humongous at 30ml and lasts me at least a year even with generous usage. 

antipodes-anti-ageing-moisture-boost-minis
Antipodes Anti-Ageing Minis and Moisture Boost Minis (MYR69 each)
Last year, Antipodes introduced two mini sets – Anti-Ageing Minis and Moisture Boost Minis.  I thought it was genius and bought both sets to try.  Usually, mini sizes are more expensive than full sizes but these minis are cheaper per ml!  I haven’t tried them out yet but will open them soon.  The good news is that Antipodes did a round of re-pricing and the mini sets are now MYR69 instead of MYR79.  The bad news is that I paid MYR79 for each!  

antipodes-delight-hand-and-body-cream
Antipodes Delight Hand and Body Cream
The full-sized Delight Hand and Body Cream was a very generous gift-with-purchase.  I haven’t used it either but will probably get around to it soon. 

I am dying to try the new Worship serum but I have to finish my other serums first! 

Antipodes is available in Malaysia in TNS Skinlab stores and online at http://www.mytnsskinlab.com/

Tips on how to save when buying Antipodes:
  • Purchase the mini sets
  • Sign up as a member of TNS Skinlab and enjoy a 25% discount  on a single receipt during your birthday month
  • After purchasing any item from TNS Skinlab, complete an online survey for a MYR20 discount voucher the following month.  
Update (15 July 2015)

I have been using all the Antipodes products above for a few weeks now.  So far, so good! 

Antipodes Delight Hand and Body Cream


This cream is lovely and smells fruity (like grapes?).  It is quite thick but is not greasy or difficult to apply.  The cream absorbs into the skin nicely and is very moisturizing. 

Repurchase:  Yes!

Moisture Boost Minis – Divine Face Oil and Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream


The Divine Face Oil smells of ylang ylang.  It isn’t terribly different from most facial oils, maybe a little lighter.  The texture of the day cream is more of a lotion than a cream (to me, anyway).  I have problems with it gushing out of the tube whenever I squeeze the tube.  The cream is light, non-sticky and leaves me with glowing skin.  I use the face oil and the day cream together. 

Repurchase:  Yes!

Anti-Ageing Minis – Joyous Protein-Rich Night Replenish Serum and Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream

To me, the anti-ageing minis are the night version of the moisture boost minis.  I find that they give roughly the same effect but I am not an expert.  The serum is quite fluid and easy to spread and absorb.  At first, I thought that it had a really fishy smell but I’ve become accustomed to it.  The night cream, on the other hand, smells a bit like traditional Chinese medicine.  The texture is similar to the day cream.  Overall, I find the anti-ageing minis beneficial for my skin but the smells take some getting used to. 

Repurchase:  Probably, but only mini sizes because I’m not sure how long I can stand the smell for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment