Friday, 8 May 2015

Mall Rat – One Utama

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

My next door neighbor is renovating his property and of course, noise is inevitable.  Recently, the drilling and knocking became so loud that they reverberated through my cranium until I could no longer bear it.  I made a hasty escape to One Utama.

One Utama is not my favourite mall.  To me, it is something of a neighbourhood mall where everyone brings their family and maids out on weekends to dine and shop for groceries.  One Utama houses four department stores – Parkson, Isetan, Tangs and Aeon.  It is also home to H&M, Monki (the only other store to date is in Nu Sentral), Uniqlo, Marks & Spencer, Daiso, Padini Concept Store and the usual suspects at any other mall.  Strangely, there is no longer an MNG store in One Utama. 
daiso-stickers-storage-box
Daiso My Melody stickers, Mickey Mouse storage box
My first stop was Daiso.  Daiso has lots of cute but useless stuff as well as useful stuff.  Sometimes, you might find cute and useful stuff like this black-and-white Mickey Mouse cardboard storage box.  I think it’s pretty chic!  Look at how pretty the strawberry-themed My Melody stickers are!  Even the little poem on the stickers is cute. 

“Please let me linger a little longer,
In my dream of strawberry fields…”

Aww……..
daiso-charms
Daiso craft charms
I found these craft charms in the craft and sewing aisle.  I especially like the Eiffel Tower and heart-shaped locks ones.  I wonder if these can be turned into charm bracelets.  Maybe it’s worth a try. 
daiso-notepad
Cute notepads from Daiso
These notepads are sold in a pack of two.  According to Google Translate, the words read “The cat Bonbon and the cat Maron” on the kitty notepad and “The hedgehog, Pablo” on the hedgehog notepad.
Daiso-fly-catcher-grey-hair-mascara
Daiso fly catcher and grey hair cover up mascara
Now onto the useful stuff!  A pretty, floral fly catcher and a grey hair cover up mascara.  I remember that grey hair cover up sticks used to be pretty expensive (above MYR20?) and hard to find.  My mother even had her friend buy her some from America and guess what?  They turned out to have really unpleasant, strong scent and she threw them away. 
michael-kors-one-utama-1

michael-kors-one-utama-2

Some window displays.  Michael Kors opened in One Utama in 2012.  The store seems to be going strong.  Nothing in the window caught my eye but I do like the marble details on the doors. 
tommy-hilfiger-one-utama
Tommy Hilfiger window display
Tommy Hilfiger’s window displays features large balloons and some lawn.  The brand’s Spring 2015 ad campaign is titled “I DO HILFIGER” and is based on a theme of a fictional family, The Hilfigers, celebrating a wedding.  I really like the oversized balloons.  I wonder if they are real and if the staff has to change them every so often when the helium runs low. 
oasis-london-window-display
Oasis London: Through the garden gates
Oasis London’s window display has some floral clothes, an open white gate and a pair of swans.  Their theme is “Through the garden gates”.  Oasis London is sold in Robinson’s department store in Kuala Lumpur.  The store in One Utama is their only stand-alone store to date. 
cath-kidston-window-display
Cath Kidston window display
Cath Kidston’s window display is full of floral bags.  Very “spring”. 

That’s all I have to show you.  Enjoy what is left of spring!

Note:  Daiso items are MY5.30 although there is a more expensive range of goods available in store.  All the items shown above are priced at MYR5.30.  

No comments:

Post a Comment