Saturday, 9 May 2015

Recent Purchases, Deals and American Eagle Outfitters

talbots-floral-shirt
Talbots floral cotton shirt
CK Calvin Klein silk skirt
Fausto Zanetti leather shoes
After the implementation of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) in Malaysia, prices of almost all goods have increased, much to the dismay of the citizens.  I planned to buy less clothes and shoes and stop hoarding cosmetics.  I did a stock-take of my clothes and cosmetics and concluded that I have enough to last me at least another two years. 

Imagine my surprise at finding some pretty good deals on clothes during a time such as this.  The floral (I think the flowers are pansies) cotton shirt with three-quarter sleeves shown above was MYR25 at Factory Outlet Store (F.O.S.).    I like the summery print and the cool cotton fabric.  Since F.O.S. was running a “Buy 1 Get 2nd At 30% off (40% off for Rewards Members)” promotion, I just had to get another shirt.  I ended up buying this purple cotton shirt as well.

talbots-purple-shirt
Talbots purple cotton shirt
Tommy Hilfiger green cotton shorts
Bellerinas leopard print ballet flats
talbots-purple-shirt-details
A close-up of the shirt
Based on the remnants of the labels left on the clothes, I concluded that both shirts are from Talbots.  In the past, I would have never bought anything by Talbots but their designs have improved vastly in the last three years or so. 

For those who are interested, do note that the designs available in F.O.S. might be one-offs (i.e. no other sizes or colours available).  For example, I didn’t see the purple cotton shirt above in any other size or colour.  Please be careful of any defects and be prepared to search the racks thoroughly!  Most of the shirts are in larger sizes. 

The store is also running a “Buy 1 Free 1” promotion on other clothing, mostly t-shirts and casualwear.  The promotion includes some American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie stuff (t-shirts, hoodies, polos, singlets, dresses) as well.  I can’t tell if the clothes are American Eagle Outfitters Factory or not. However, fans of American Eagle Outfitters should definitely check out nearby F.O.S. stores.  Indicative prices are below (just off my head):
T-shirts: MYR29
Singlets: MYR19
Polos: MYR35
Hoodies: MYR43

I hope the information I have provided will help anyone who is looking for cheaper clothing.  Happy shopping and good luck (you’ll need some luck when you shop at F.O.S. because you never know what you’ll find)!

About F.O.S. Factory Outlet Stores
F.O.S. is a chain of clothing stores in Malaysia.  They stock overruns and/or rejects sourced from overseas as well as their own house brands.  To find out what their house brands are, refer to their online shopping website at http://www.fos.com.my/

No comments:

Post a Comment