Sunday, 17 May 2015

The Honeydew Bubble Skirt

billblass-ck-skirt
Bill Blass Jeans shirt
CK Calvin Klein silk bubble skirt
Fausto Zanetti shoes
One of my favourite skirts was purchased during my very first sample sale (8 years ago!!) in Kuala Lumpur.  I had rushed off to Isetan in Suria KLCC during my lunch hour for the Club 21 designer clearance.  There wasn’t a lot of merchandise and the space was small but there, I landed my first designer purchase from a sample sale.  It was a honeydew-coloured silk bubble skirt with tiny peachy pink beads sewn around the waist by CK Calvin Klein.  It was beautiful, fully lined in silk and originally priced at MYR599.  I saw that it had been marked down to MYR80 and decided that I had to have it.  It was a lot of money to me then but I couldn’t leave it there.   

bill-blass-jeans-shirt

I found it easy to put together an outfit with the skirt, despite its unique colour.  It is shown above with this ombrĂ© Bill Blass Jeans shirt that I found in F.O.S.  I love the pink details on the shirt.  I also wore it with a floral shirt here.  

banana-republic-silk-blouse-ck-silk-skirt
Banana Republic sheer silk blouse
CK Calvin Klein silk bubble skirt
Barachini leaf sandals
Surprisingly, I found this sheer silk blouse by Banana Republic in F.O.S. for MYR10 (those were the days when one could find amazing things in F.O.S.) in a similar colour. 
Banana Republic sheer silk blouseNaf Naf sweater
CK Calvin Klein silk bubble skirt
Barachini leaf sandals
Once, I wore it to work with a bright, almost fluorescent yellow, light knit sweater from Naf Naf. Someone stared at me and said, “You look like a highlighter.”   Well, I’m glad to be the highlight of your day! 

And, the best compliment of all (to me, anyway), was when someone abruptly departed from her original conversation to stare at my skirt and exclaim, “Your skirt is so beautiful!”  Best MYR80 I ever spent on a skirt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment