Thursday, 4 June 2015

Mall Rat – Yellow Fever (Mid Valley Megamall, The Gardens Mall, Pavilion KL)


minions-i'm-with-stupid
And it was all yellow..............
School holidays are in full swing here in Malaysia.  Yellow is definitely the colour of the season with certain yellow-coloured characters making their appearances in some malls around town.  But first, some fashion-related photographs!

kate-spade-flamingo
Walking the pet flamingos.
Kate Spade’s window display now features a mannequin walking flamingos on leashes.  I love the pink of the flamingos and the cute (although a bit nonsensical) concept.  Seriously, what do stores do with their window display props?  Especially props like these?  I’m dying to know. 

kate-spade-flamingo
Birds of a feather flock together
I noticed that the mannequins had heads made out of feathers.  So they went from airheads to featherheads?!
cath-kidston-daisies
Cath Kidston
Cath Kidston’s window display looked unchanged except for the daisy chains.  I am getting bored of Cath Kidston’s window displays. 
Ralph Lauren, classic and beautiful, as always!
Ralph Lauren’s window display showed mostly white clothing and banana palm trees painted white. 
They're Gr-reat!
Anya Hindmarch featured shades of silvery grey and Tony the Tiger.  I was delighted to see Tony the Tiger’s faces on the wall! 
Vincci-shoes
I popped by Vincci to check out their latest offerings.  I liked the Mary Jane flats and the bejeweled peep toe flats.  Now, if only Vincci’s shoes could last longer. 

eastpak-jean-paul-gaultier

I was walking past Sole What in The Gardens Mall when I saw the poster above for Eastpak X Jean Paul Gaultier.  Since I am a fan of anything Jean Paul Gaultier, I headed in to look at the backpacks.  They were priced at MYR539!!!!!! 

minions-mid-valley-megamall
Minions in an English garden.  LOVE. 
minions-mid-valley-megamall
Banana!
minions-mid-valley-megamall

Now onto the fun stuff!  The minions arrived in Mid Valley Megamall, to the delight of passers-by.  The setup was rather beautiful – an English garden with trimmed hedges, benches and gazebos.  If you want to get good photos, it is best to go early before large crowds of people arrive. 

peppa-pig-plush-toys
Peppa Pig
I spotted some Peppa Pig plushies while passing by a gift store in The Gardens Mall.  My friend introduced Peppa Pig to me and made me watch a few YouTube videos.  She also carted back Peppa Pig plasters from London.  Peppa Pig seems to be relatively unknown in Malaysia (for obvious reasons) so I was quite surprised to see the plushies here in KL. 

spongebob-pavilion-kl
BIKNI BOTTOM!!!!!!!!!!!
The yellow fever continued in Pavilion Kuala Lumpur with SpongeBob SquarePants who lives in a pineapple under the sea! 

Spongebob inflatable slide.  Awesome!
spongebob-stools-ball-pit
SpongeBob stools and a colourful ball pit
It’s like the minions and SpongeBob are trying to outdo each other.  Well, the SpongeBob event had a huge inflatable SpongeBob slide, a ball pit and a pineapple under the sea slide.  So I guess SpongeBob wins? 
SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick Star
patrick-star-squidward-tentacles
Patrick Star and Squidward Tentacles outside the ball pit.  Notice the pineapple slide at the back?  
That’s all for this time’s Mall Rat!  I hope you have enjoyed it. To those who are on holiday, happy holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment