Tuesday, 9 June 2015

The Orange Trousers

orange-ralph-lauren
Ralph Lauren Blue Label orange long-sleeved t-shirt
Lauren Ralph Lauren orange linen trousers
Topshop black furry bag
Barachini gold leaf sandals
Lola & Grace leather bracelet with Swarovski Elements
Some years ago, I stumbled upon some brightly coloured linen trousers that came in orange, pale pink and fuchsia in F.O.S.  I was so excited but it can be difficult to wear bright clothes when you aren’t feeling particularly brave.  So, I shied away and decided not to buy any.  By the time I finally decided that I should get some, having been unable to get them out of my mind, the only pair left in my size was orange in colour.  I had been lusting after the fuchsia trousers but had to settle for the orange ones. 

purple-blouse-orange-pants
Talbots purple cotton 3/4 sleeve blouse
Lauren Ralph Lauren orange linen trousers
Fausto Zanetti nude pink peep toes
H&M gold clutch
Lovisa gold crystal bangle
One brave day, I wore my orange linen trousers to work with a pale pink oxford button-down.  A co-worker of mine exclaimed, “Wah!  Hao you summer de gan jue (It gives off a summery feeling)!”  I wasn’t expecting any reactions to my orange trousers but I guess it isn’t every day that you see someone wearing something like that.  Another co-worker took one look at my trousers and began singing Coldplay’s “Yellow” despite my repeated protests that my trousers were orange and not yellow.  

A few hours later, co-worker number one asked me if my trousers were “RL or TH” (Ralph Lauren or Tommy Hilfiger).  I was impressed!  They were LRL (Lauren Ralph Lauren).  

“Why did you specifically ask if they were RL or TH?” I asked him.  

“Because only those two brands would make trousers in that colour,” he replied. 

pink-RL-knit-orange-pants
Ralph Lauren Blue Label pink knit
Lauren Ralph Lauren orange linen trousers
Fausto Zanetti nude pink peep toes
Lovisa gold crystal bangle
The next time I was brave enough to wear my orange trousers to work, a third co-worker laughed and observed that my trousers were in the exact shade as a book we referred to as the “orange book”.  She made me take a photograph holding the book against my orange trousers.  It was hilarious.  Over the years, I would continue to receive requests to wear that pair of legendary trousers to work.  Well, I'm glad that my trousers could provide so much entertainment for my co-workers!  

Do you have any clothes that elicited much interest from your co-workers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment