Saturday, 11 July 2015

Mall Rat – The Curve, Mutiara Damansara

The Curve is not a mall that this mall rat usually roams around.  However, last week, I ventured to The Curve, IPC Shopping Centre and IKEA to search for gifts for a tiny tot whom I will be meeting soon (no, it’s not my tiny tot).  So, this edition of Mall Rat will have a bit of a baby theme. 
sylvanian-families-giant
Giant bunnies from Sylvanian Families
sylvanian-families
I could never tire of peering into Sylvanian Families window displays
I scoured many baby boutiques but prices were just too high for me.  My budget was around MYR50-MYR70 and the more interactive toys in those shops far exceeded my budget.  Finally, I went to Metrojaya and was pleasantly surprised to find that they had plenty of toys and offers to boot!  Oh, and the Sylvanian Families section totally made my day. 

esprit-baby-soft-toys
Esprit soft toys!
I never knew that Esprit made baby soft toys!  These were absolutely adorable and cuddly.  The best thing was that they were not astronomically expensive - the cheapest ones were MYR20-MYR30.  The teddy bears were more expensive at MYR65 or so. 

baby-soft-toys
This is another brand (German?) of baby soft toys
Metrojaya had some toys and baby merchandise (pacifiers, bottles) marked down due to damaged packaging. 
fisher-price-toys
Fisher Price Sing-A-Ma-Jig and Animal Activity Cube

In the end, I settled on a Fisher Price toy as there was a free Sing-A-Ma-Jig doll with a purchase of at least MYR50 of Fisher Price products. 

talbots-crocheted-flower-lace-skirt
Talbots crocheted flower lace skirt at Reject Shop
Image credit:  dynalogs.catalogs.com
I made a detour to Reject Shop, a past favourite of mine.  Unfortunately, gone are the days that I would find J.Crew shirts and Tommy Hilfiger underwear at Reject Shop!  There was hardly anything good at the shop except for these Talbots crocheted flower lace skirts.  I did an Internet search and wow, those skirts are no longer available and used to retail for USD109!

benetton-girls-t-shirts
Cute t-shirts for little girls at Reject Shop
Children’s clothing was a little better than women’s clothing at Reject Shop.  I spotted some pretty t-shirts from Benetton.    

debenhams-sandals
Brightly-coloured summer sandals at Debenhams
Debenhams was having a 50% off sale.  Now, discounts are up to 70% off!  I rarely buy anything from Debenhams but I did like some of their colourful sandals.  Perfect for summer and they were on sale! 

That concludes this edition of Mall Rat.  See you again soon! 


2 comments:

  1. Wow to get 70% is amazing! We rarely see discounts like that in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! 70% happens quite often in Malaysia!

      Delete