Wednesday, 28 October 2015

The Secret Garden, One Utama – White Flowers

This is the fourth part in The Secret Garden series.  The Secret Garden is situated on the rooftop of One Utama Shopping Centre, one of the largest shopping malls in the world. 

Part 1:  Amazon Water Lilies 


There is something calming about pristine white flowers.  The stark contrast between the green of the plant’s leaves and the white of the flowers creates a striking effect.  There were plenty of white flowers blooming in One Utama’s Secret Garden.  Some may be common but they are no less beautiful. 


There was an abundance of white blossoms on this creeper.  It would look so beautiful if it wound itself around an arch.  I imagine that it would be perfect for a garden wedding. 


I don’t know if these are considered flowers but they intrigued me all the same.  The one on the left looked a bit like snowy cotton buds and the one on the right looked like ferns.  They are so cute.  


This plant had needle-like protrusions scattered among the delicate white flowers and buds.  I saw a pink version as well. 


I am quite sure that this is a fairly common plant but I am bad at identifying plants.  Look at the gentle way the petals unfurl slightly towards the outside world, away from the stalk. 


This is another flowering plant that I do not know the name of.  The flowers are typical of the ones we would see in children’s story books!  The juxtaposition of white against the bright yellow is brilliant.  I would have loved to pick a bunch of them when I was a child.  Wait, what am I saying, I would still love to pick a bunch of them! 

The Secret Garden is open to public on weekends and public holidays from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.  Admission is free!  

More information is available on One Utama’s Facebook page here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment