Saturday, 7 November 2015

Mall Rat – IPC and The Curve (November 2015)

It’s been a while since the last edition of Mall Rat!  Somehow there weren’t many exciting things to write about in the malls over the past few months.  I found myself in IPC Mall and The Curve recently. 

Christmas decorations are already up in Ikea.  So cute!  I didn’t venture into Ikea because I didn’t need anything and had limited time. 


Spotlight was where I was heading to.  There were so many Christmas decorations and they were on sale too!  Christmas ornaments, fabric, tinsel, nutcrackers etc.  Oh, Halloween decorations were on sale for MYR3 if you’re keen to stock up for next year.  I didn’t take a picture of the display but there wasn’t much.  I do remember a rather big bat decoration if anyone is looking for one. 



There was a bunch of baking tins on clearance.



Spotlight has lots of party decorations.  I don’t know of any other place that you can find piñatas in KL.  I was quite excited to see them because I’d read all about them when I was a child but had never seen one before! 



Quilting fabric was on sale (40% or 50% off), including all the cute Disney, Dr Seuss and Hungry Caterpillar ones.  They were still quite expensive after discount though. 


There was plenty of pretty fabric, like the white cotton fabric with lace and ruffles, and the red or pink strawberry prints.  I really liked the zebra print fabric – a really nice subtle animal print. 


After Spotlight, I headed off to F.O.S. to check out their “Buy 1 Free 2” offer.  There was practically nothing on offer.  Boo. 

Next, I went to The Reject Shop.  I haven’t been to The Reject Shop since they closed their store in Mid Valley Megamall.  There wasn’t anything particularly great this time but it was better than F.O.S. 

This Spotlight by Warehouse lace dress has been hanging around for at least a year.  Their stock moves really slow!  The good news is that it is now 50% off (about MYR37 after discount) and that there seem to be a lot of sizes left, especially larger ones.  The colour isn’t something I’d gravitate towards but it would make a nice and affordable dress for the upcoming party season if you don’t mind the open back (strange to put one there, considering the colour seems a bit granny-ish).




There were a bunch of Lucky Brand t-shirts, mostly around MYR40.  They weren’t too bad and had pretty interesting details. 


I spotted a rack of Pink Victoria’s Secret pyjama pants, around MYR30-40 each.  Some were 100% cotton, others were something like 95% cotton.  I’d totally buy some if I needed pyjama pants! 


There was also a selection of Old Navy cotton pyjama pants.  They looked quite suitable for our weather i.e. not very thick. 

Alright, that’s it for now.  I hope you’ve enjoyed this edition of Mall Rat.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment