Sunday, 8 November 2015

Mall Rat – Mid Valley Megamall & The Gardens Mall (November 2015)

This weekend is a long weekend of sorts in KL as there is a public holiday on Tuesday.  School holidays have already started here in Malaysia which means…….sales and offers galore!  I dropped by Mid Valley Megamall and The Gardens Mall to have a quick look around. 

I wanted to check out F.O.S. because they are offering members a 30% discount until Tuesday.  There was very little merchandise tagged “Buy 1 Free 2”.  The better ones were Under Armour t-shirts (MYR15 for 1) and Brooks Brothers collared long-sleeved t-shirts or polo shirts (MYR15 for 1).  Under Armour appears to be all the rage in KL these days, I’m not sure why, so fans might want to pick some up at F.O.S. for cheap.

Actually, I like the Brooks Brothers t-shirts a lot.  They’re comfy and have a flattering cut.  The purple colour totally doesn’t do it for me, though.  The nicer navy blue ones must have sold out ages ago.  Still, they’re a really good buy for MYR 5 a piece after the offer. 


I found some Stradivarius denim cutoffs in a variety of colours for MYR35 each.  A few years ago, there was plenty of Stradivarius clothing at F.O.S. and I was like, what’s this lame-sounding brand named after a violin???  I didn’t even bother looking at the clothes.  Then, I visited Singapore and lo and behold, a huge Stradivarius boutique greeted me at ION Orchard.  After some research, I found out that it was part of the Inditex group, which also owns Zara, Pull & Bear, Bershka and Massimo Dutti. 
I know 3 of them look almost identical.....but they are different!
There were some Jones New York long-sleeved t-shirts (MYR29) and short-sleeved t-shirts (MYR15).  I didn’t care much for the long-sleeved ones as the sizes available were too big. The short-sleeved t-shirts were mostly 100% cotton and quite a good buy.  I tried on a few in black and navy although there were also white, red, floral and striped t-shirts (pink and white, red and white, orange and white).  The sizing seems to run a bit big, though.  You might also want to check the t-shirts for faults before paying.  The floral t-shirt that I tried on had those arrow stickers pointing to the faulty parts. 

Padini Concept Store is having a special sale, with prices starting from MYR13.  It was absolute mayhem in the store.  I didn’t see anything particularly nice.  I did like the champagne Mary Janes near the entrance but they were still MYR79.  There was a long queue at the cashier.  I think Padini Concept Store has had better sales before. 

At MPH bookstore, some local magazines were offering freebies.  I didn’t get any, though. Marie Claire magazine has a Colour Therapy Planner for those who would like to try out the colouring craze.  I didn’t investigate what “planner” meant.  I might have to, since I wouldn’t mind a 2016 planner that’s also a colouring book!  Female magazine is offering a free Kate Tokyo travel set.  I don’t know what exactly is in the travel set and since the queue at the cashier was long, I didn’t bother to ask.  I’m still curious, though. 
Pretty pink sandals in the Hermes window
Over at The Gardens Mall, the Balenciaga boutique has opened next to Hermes.  I wonder how it will look when they name Alexander Wang’s successor as the store still looks quite Alexander Wang (with no traces of Nicolas Ghesquière-ness at all).

That’s all for now!  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment