Thursday, 28 January 2016

Mall Rat – The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley Megamall & Suria KLCC


Chinese New Year is fast approaching and the malls are decked out in festive decorations.  I didn’t manage to catch many of the decorations but I loved the pretty floral themes used in The Gardens Mall. 
hermes-window-display

hermes-window-display

I was intrigued by the display in the window of the Hermès boutique in The Gardens Mall.  Steel was fashioned to resemble buildings and people.  Scarves and hats were worn by the “mannequins”.  Even the floors of the boutique windows were made to resemble paved streets. 

Goldfish featured heavily in Mid Valley Megamalls' Chinese New Year decorations
TOTORO!

Over at Mid Valley Megamall, I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this incredibly cute window display in a puzzle shop next to an escalator.  The whole wall was covered with jigsaw puzzles featuring characters from the much-loved Studio Ghibli movie “My Neighbour Totoro”.  Look at the cuddly Totoro and Catbus stuffed toys on the fake grass! 

Large Veet:  MYR21, small Veet:  MYR14.70
Some varieties of Veet hair removal cream were included in a “Buy 1 Free 1” offer at Vitacare pharmacy. 

At Aeon Wellness, the 1-litre bottles of Sukin shampoo, conditioner and body wash were on sale for MYR65.90 each.  There was also a cash voucher of MYR5 given for purchases above MYR50, to be used on the next purchase of at least MYR10.60.  Please see here for details. 

I also saw this Nivea stand advertising products which are on 38% discount until 14 February 2016.  Please refer to this page for a clearer picture on which products are included.  This seems like a great time to stock up on toiletries. 

basket-seashells

I stopped by at Komonoya to buy a paper fan for Chinese New Year and found these assorted shells in a basket.  I wonder if the “starfish” are real.  Anyway, they would be perfect for seaside-themed décor. 
chanel-suria-klcc-window-display

chanel-suria-klcc-window-display

I paid a visit to Suria KLCC recently.  As per usual, I had to take a few photos of Chanel’s window displays.  They are, as always, fascinating.  I guess pastels are back.  

chanel-suria-klcc-window-display
The dress on the left reminds of Jedis.......
chanel-suria-klcc-window-display

chanel-suria-klcc-mosaic-tiles-bag-chain-sandals

I like the mannequins’ hairstyles and the metallic pink sandals with chain details.  The mosaic tiled bags remind me of a certain old fabric shop in my hometown that had a large pillar studded with similar tiles. 
Versace-suria-klcc

I found Versace’s window display quite boring and uninspiring, much like their recent designs. 

typo-suria-klcc

Typo had a rather cute window display with several typewriters hung on a steel structure.  It isn’t often that you come across typewriters in a shopping mall, although I’m sure that they aren’t for sale.


I hope you have enjoyed this edition of Mall Rat.  Until next time, happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment