Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Eating Humble Pie – The Armani Exchange Black Silk Blouse

armani-exchange-black-silk-blouse
Armani Exchange black silk blouse
Armani Jeans denim cargo pants
Topshop black leather crossbody with chains
Bellerinas floral wedges
I wasn’t completely wowed by this black Armani Exchange silk blouse that I bought for MYR159 at last year’s Club21 designer clearance.  It was something I bought to ensure that I didn’t return empty-handed.  I left it hanging in my closet for a good six months before wearing it. 

I had to eat humble pie.  The blouse was incredibly comfortable and easy to wear.  It felt like a t-shirt but didn’t look like one.  It was loose-fitting but hardly looked dumpy.  It could be worn tucked in or left untucked.  This is one well-thought out blouse.  It even has a panel sewn under the arms so that the arm-holes aren’t gaping. I find that it can be both work-appropriate and casual.  Another plus point – the blouse is long enough to cover your bottom, should you be feeling self-conscious.  Let’s have a look at the potential of this unassuming little blouse. 
armani-exchange-black-silk-blouse
Worn tucked in
topshop-black-chain-crossbody-bellerinas-floral-wedges

I wore the blouse with Armani Jeans denim cargo pants, an old black Topshop leather crossbody bag with chains and black wedge heels.  I belatedly realised that the flowers on the wedge heels are at odds with the rest of the look, but oh well……….

armani-black-silk-blouse-dkny-silk-skirt
Blouse, as before
DKNY tiered silk skirt
Forever New silver bag
Caparros silver peep toes
I tried wearing the blouse tucked into a floaty DKNY tiered silk skirt and silver bag and shoes.  The blouse seems to work fine in a ladylike ensemble. 

armani-black-silk-blouse-muji-skirt
Blouse, as before
Muji black skirt with pockets
Longchamp rose gold flats
There are some days that you just don’t want to wear tight-fitting clothes.  I wore the blouse untucked over a black Muji skirt and pointy flats.  So much more comfortable than wearing a button-down shirt! 
armani-black-silk-blouse-rag&bone-pants
Blouse, as before
Rag & Bone black pants
Unisa red peeptoes with roses
rag&bone-pants-details-unisa-rose-heels
I love the "webbing" on the pants
Lastly, I paired this workhorse of a silk blouse with a pair of black pants with what I’ll call webbing.  Since the pants feel almost like leggings, I decided to leave the blouse hanging out. 


I’m thrilled that I bought this blouse.  I’ll consider it money well-spent!  It wasn’t love at first sight but I think we’ll have a long, enduring relationship!  

No comments:

Post a Comment