Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Longchamp Friends & Family Sale, Haulmark Branded Apparel Clearance @ Jaya One


Longchamp had a Friends and Family sale at Parkroyal Hotel in January.  I decided against going because I didn’t need anything and I just gone to a Longchamp Friends and Family sale a few months ago.  To my surprise, the sale headed to Jaya One last weekend so I dropped by to check it out. 

I notice that some brands have been adopting a “touring warehouse sale” concept.  I must say that I am not fond of it as it seems that they keep flogging the same merchandise but the prices never drop.  Let’s see how Longchamp fared.  I arrived at the Event Hall in Jaya One on Saturday afternoon.  It looked empty.  I had to tie up my handbag, standard practice. 

Venue:  A bit bare but spacious enough.  Air-conditioning was working. 
Merchandise:  No shoes.  Very little choice for bags.  Maybe 5 wallets and key chains and 1 scarf.  Some Le Pliage Cuir and Le Pliage bags in awful neon colours (spotted before at last year’s sale).  Le Pliage Neo in dark colours were right by the door. 
Prices:  Dismal.  Discounts started from 20% off to 80% off.  Nothing that was 80% off was worth buying. 

I had finished surveying the sale in less than 5 minutes and left.  It was so, so bad!  I didn’t have high expectations for it but really, is it even worth renting the space for a sale like this?  The sale does seem to be legit, though (I recognised some of the staff from previous Longchamp sales).  In the future, I will only be going to the Longchamp Friends and Family sales held at Parkroyal Hotel. 


While I was making my way down from the Event Hall to the carpark, I passed another clearance sale by Haulmark.  After rifling through their racks, it seemed that Haulmark sold “cut-label” or off-season clothes from some overseas brands.  I didn’t see any fitting rooms so I assume that no trying is allowed.  Bummer. 
Ann Taylor Petites cotton eyelet dress (size 2P)
Found this dress on ebay.  Apparently it retailed for USD89.50.  
I found two racks of dresses in assorted sizes and designs for MYR49 each.  Most of the sizes ran large but the selection wasn’t too bad – Ann Taylor Loft , Ann Taylor, J.Jill linen, Jones New York and Tommy Hilfiger.  It was a bit like the FOS of old, which I miss dearly.  Blouses were MYR39 each but I didn’t see anything interesting.  
Some of the brands of jeans available
There were racks and racks of jeans (MYR49 each, 2 for MYR80) – J.Crew, Sportscraft, JAG and Express.  The selection of sizes for jeans was better than for dresses and blouses. 


I found this Express blouse that came in purple and blue for MYR19.  Quite a good deal!  

To my great surprise, I also found a familiar-looking white Banana Republic button-down shirt.  When I turned the shirt around and saw the back, I couldn’t believe my eyes.  There it was, the shirt that had cost something like 40 pounds, priced at MYR49 here in Malaysia.  There was only one size available – small. 


There were a bunch of H&M cotton thongs and bralets(?) for MYR1 each.  I didn’t really look at the men’s and children’s clothing closely but prices seemed reasonable enough.  I did see some American Eagle Outfitters polos and t-shirts and Banana Tropical shorts.  

The Haulmark clearance sale is on until 6 March 2016.  It is worth a look if you’re in the area or if you’re a die-hard fan of some of the brands available. 


Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment