Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Current Lemmings – April 2016

Spring is here, along with the pretty, feminine fashions it inspires.  This spring appears to be all about girlish, breezy clothes with delicate lace embellishments.  I am not complaining at all.  In fact, I’m the girl going around boutiques trying my hardest not to squeal in delight at the lightweight garments that promise to transform any ordinary girl into a graceful nymph. 

Zara
For me, Zara is the store with the most beautiful spring clothes.  Unfortunately, I can’t seem to fit their clothes well.  A disappointment, indeed, but my wallet isn’t complaining. 

I love this white, long-sleeved blouse with lace details.  Very pretty. 

This white, short-sleeved lace dress is so sweet, simple and innocent.  Easy to wear, too. 

I really like this white blouse with black lace panels.  In fact, it reminds me of a 3.1 Philip Lim blouse that I saw at a past Club21 designer clearance.  I think the design is perfect for those days when you want to wear a comfy t-shirt but don’t want to wear a plain, boring t-shirt.  This is like a semi-dressy t-shirt. 
3.1 Philip Lim t-shirt at a previous Club21 designer clearance
Image credits (except last photo): 
 Jean Paul Gaultier X Target Australia
I was so excited that Jean Paul Gaultier did a collaboration with Target Australia.  Unfortunately, I can’t buy them but that doesn’t matter.  I figure that it’s not necessary to own something to appreciate its design. 

I really like this dressing gown with tattoo motifs.  Very Gaultier!  I also like this black balconette body dress.  It might be meant to be underwear but I think it would look fantastic on its own too. 
The bras in black and pink look very much like something Gaultier would design for Madonna.  Love them.  I love the whole collection and could go on forever about them!  I love Gaultier and am so sad that he has retired from ready-to-wear.  This collection with Target is a great way for his fans to buy some of his designs without the haute couture price tag.  By the way, I was sad to read that Jean Paul Gaultier couldn’t attend the launch of his Target Australia line due to illness.  All my favourite designers are getting old before I can find new ones to obsess over! 
Mug, teddy bear and sheets, cosmetic case, tea towels
The homewares and kids stuff look cute!  I would totally get the teddy bear if I could!  It is only fitting that Gaultier would include a teddy bear in his collection for Target (see here ) but I totally wish that it was dressed in a cone bra!

Image credits:

Adidas Originals

Back to stuff that I can actually purchase in Malaysia.  I like this pair of Adidas Originals Top Ten women’s sneakers.  I’m still deciding if I should buy them.  What I need are proper sports shoes but I’m not sure if Adidas Originals are anything more than trendy casual footwear?  Still, they’re really cute and everyone is wearing sneakers now, including Victoria Beckham

Coach
Coach Lacey pointed toe pump
Image credit:  Nordstrom
I hardly ever look at Coach since Stuart Vevers was hired as creative director.  For some reason, I popped into the Coach boutique at The Gardens Mall a week ago and saw the perfect low-heeled black pumps with pointed toes.  I have been hunting for shoes like these for a while.  Unfortunately, they come with a hefty price tag – MYR1000!  Sigh. 

Okay, I think I have enough lemmings for now.  What are you dying to buy this season?  

No comments:

Post a Comment