Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Mitsui Outlet Park, Sepang – Second Round

(Earlier post on Mitsuit Outlet Park Sepang here)
A week ago, I went to Mitsui Outlet Park Sepang with some out-of-towners.  It turned out to be a rather disappointing trip.  Most of the things were quite expensive and strangely, the outlet was quiet.  However, I did manage to visit some of the outlets that I wasn’t able to go to before. 
Outlet360
Guess
The Guess outlet is quite big and has a lot of merchandise.  Discounts are around 50%.  Although there are racks marked at 70% off, it appears that you need to purchase something else first to be able to enjoy the goods discounted at 70% off.  Surprisingly, I didn’t see much of the stuff that I had seen in previous FJ Benjamin warehouse sales.  There were jeans, tops, dresses, kids clothes, men’s clothes and some accessories, bags and shoes.  In short, the range offered was practically the same as the retail stores. 

Superdry
The Superdry outlet was small and there wasn’t anything much in there.  Discounts weren’t great, either. 

Cotton On
Cotton On was having a clearance – MYR15 for tops/skirts and MYR30 for dresses.  I saw some dresses that I had tried on in-store a month ago.  The dress I had tried was on sale for about MYR60-80 in the retail store so the outlet is doing a decent job of offering more discounts than retail and stock that is not terribly outdated. 

Sasa
I found no Giovanni shampoos.  How disappointing. 

Ralph Lauren
Everything was so beautiful, but so expensive!  They seem to have packed away most of the old blue label, purple label and black label stuff that was discontinued.  Most of the clothes are from the new Polo Ralph Lauren label with lettering in yellow.  There was a rack of denims for MYR380 each.  Still steep, in my opinion. 

Outlet360
Franco Sarto shoes at Outlet360
Franco Sarto black Caspian pumps
I love this outlet.  So far, this outlet hasn’t disappointed in each of my visits.  All the Naturaliser shoes that I saw the last time I came were gone.  There were a bunch of Franco Sarto shoes and sandals at 75% off.  I remember Franco Sarto vaguely from magazines and forums.  A Google search revealed that they are stocked by Nordstrom so I guess they can’t be too bad.  Prices were around MYR200 (I think).  There was also a selection of Birkenstock sandals on sale, with discounts ranging from 30- 50% off. 
Image credit:  www.shoes.com
Image credit: www.birkenstock.co.uk
These Papilio Sydney Cassis Crack sandals were available in both silver and gold and were MYR209 after a discount of 40% (original price MYR349).  Sizes, of course, were limited but I could still find my size (37).  I checked against Birkenstock stores in 1 Mont Kiara, One Utama and Isetan KLCC and found that the style  stocked in Isetan KLCC only.  However, they were not on sale at Isetan KLCC. 


Club21 Outlet

Some of the clothes, shoes and bags that I had seen before on my last visit were still there and at the same prices.  There was a lot of Paul by Paul Smith.  Nothing really caught my eye and nothing was really attractive, price-wise.  Most of the clothes were more edgy than pretty.  I did see some Marc Jacobs shoes (including the mouse flats) and some Lanvin shoes that I saw in Club21 warehouse sales a year or two ago. 

Comments
In all honesty, I find that shopping at Mitsui Outlet Park is too much of a hit-and-miss experience.  I can’t justify driving all the way there only to return empty-handed.  I would hesitate to recommend it as a must-visit shopping destination.  Also, I hate the uneven flooring in some of the shops (ahem, Brooks Brothers).  I get it that the store is part of an outlet but the floor in that shop is even worse than the floors in Malaysian wet markets! 

Anyway, happy (and safe) shopping, everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment