Friday, 27 May 2016

Thrift Shopping in Kuala Lumpur - The Ones That Got Away 4

There have been some lovely discoveries at various thrift shops in the past few months.  Although I didn’t end up taking most of them home with me, it was still fun to find them and at least I took pictures of them to reminisce (and sometimes beat myself up for being indecisive and not snapping them up)! 

Giuseppe Zanotti cream suede heels
giuseppe-zanotti-cream-suede-heels

giuseppe-zanotti-cream-suede-heels

These were very beautiful but unfortunately, a little too tight for me.  I’m never going to stuff my feet into shoes that are too small.  I did that once and no amount of shoe stretching spray would stretch the shoes to fit my feet. 
Marc by Marc Jacobs white cotton blouse

I liked this sweet, summery blouse but it was too big for me.  It looked a bit worn, too. 

CH Caroline Herrera red silk gown
ch-carolina-herrera-red-silk-gown


This beautiful gown took my breath away the moment I laid my eyes upon it.  Unfortunately, it was far too small for me.  It looked very new and was in good condition except for one or two tiny snags that were hardly visible. 

Diane von Furstenberg banded Julian silk jersey wrap dress
dvf-banded-julian-wrap-dress


I am still kicking myself for letting this dress slip through my fingers.  It was my size and I tried it on.  I couldn’t decide whether to get it or not because I didn’t find it to be very flattering on me.  Also, I felt like the dress was about to undo itself every time I moved.  I love the print and colours, though.  So I left the dress on the rack, undecided.  After obsessing about it for a day, I looked it up on the Internet and found that it was still being sold on DVF’s website.  I rushed to the thrift shop and of course, the dress was gone.  To antagonise myself further, I popped into the DVF boutique and there was the exact dress, hanging on the rack nearest to the door.  Sigh.  Anyway, I probably wouldn’t have gotten much wear out of the dress and would still be racking my brains on “how to make it work” if I have bought it. 

That’s all for now.  I hope that I will have more hits than misses from now on so that I can do an entire post on recent thrift buys instead of the ones that got away!  

No comments:

Post a Comment